Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Drive to Stay Alive - Episode 17 - Finding A Balance

When I started this podcast in October of 2012 I didn't really know how long it would last or if it would help me out at all. Now it's April and I'm running out of things to talk about. But that good thing is that I've figured out a lot of things along the way and that I've been able to talk out some of my problems even though no one is listening. I don't you guys don't give a fuck about me or this podcast but I couldn't care less because this is helping me. I've spent the last 5 months of my life as a recluse trying to figure out my purpose in life and a reason to keep on living and while I can't say I've figured it out yet, I can tell you that I've learned a lot of really good things about myself. I've figured out 2 secrets to life so far (slow down and don't be a fucking idiot) and now I've figured out the 3rd - find a balance. While these things sound real basic on the surface they become really complex once I try to figure out a way to incorporate them into my life. This episode finds me trying to figure out the 3rd secret to life while also trying to figure out a way to make up for some lost time. I started this podcast because I needed to get my life back together but while I have been in solitude I have let some of my friendships slip away. There is no doubt in my mind that I could pick these up again and it would be all good again but like everything in life, it's going to take some work. Am I willing to work on that when I'm so busy with everything else? I don't know. Maybe some people are just better off alone. Or maybe I should just try and find a good balance, which is what this episode is all about. Click to listen below.



Right click and Save As to download a copy of The Drive to Stay Alive - Episode 17 - Finding A Balance: http://pookonco.ipower.com/music/dtsa-17.mp3

Now that I'm back working at Miller Park for the Summer I don't have a lot of time to do just about anything anymore. I know that I can find a way to balance it all but to be quite honest with you, I don't really want to. If I have the option of sitting at home alone or hanging out with people, I'll choose sitting at home alone 99 out of 100 times. I'm just a loner I guess. Plus I'm so swamped with all of these projects on this blog, my website or any of the other things I'm trying to do that I feel like I'm not doing my due diligence if I am ignoring them. After all I am writing the story of my life and leaving behind my legacy. But if I lose all of my friends and family then who will care to read it when I am gone? That's why I have to find a balance. And like everything that I've been talking about over the course of the past 5 months, this is something that is easier said then done. But nothing worth having comes free, so I suppose I'll have to work on this thing too. Like I don't have enough shit to do. Sigh...

 - pookon -

www.pookon.com
email: pookondotcom@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/MilwaukeeIceman
https://twitter.com/pookondotcom

No comments: