Friday, February 14, 2014

The Drive to Stay Alive Ep. 22 - It's the Holiday Season and Whoop-Dee-Doo

I realized that I haven't recorded an episode of this podcast since August. I guess I really didn't have anything to say. Well that's not true. There's always something to say. I suppose I should clarify that there has been nothing worth saying. Nothing has changed. There are no really happy times in my life and no real sad ones. I guess I just had an average couple of months. I decided that I might as well try and recap the past few months with a new episode, which I recorded a few days before Christmas. In this episode I once again talk about my disdain for the holiday season, how I tried and failed at Movember (here's what I wrote about my optimism at the beginning of the month and my pessimistic admittance to failure at the end), my hate for the yearly Christmas Letter and lack of life moments, what my final words will be when I'm on my deathbed, my driving habits/philosophies, 10-year Confirmation Reunions, driving in the snow and whatever random thoughts populate into my brain as I was driving on that Winter's day.



Right click and Save As to download a copy of The Drive to Stay Alive Ep. 22 - It's the Holiday Season and Whoop-Dee-Doo: http://pookon.com/music/dtsa-ep22.mp3

The drive home ended being a little rougher than I anticipated thanks to the snow, which made it more ridiculous that I was talking into a little black box and telling it the story of my life. If I would have died in a fiery crash and my recording device was the only thing that survived, someone could have had a field day with this episode. I sound like such a pussy complaining about 1st World Problems and how much my life sucks when I brought all this shit on myself. I had been on a 6-week bender at this point and fresh off of a failure Movember when I promised to better my life. What did you expect me to talk about - faeries, moonbeams and unicorns? Happiness, good times and the unbroken spirit of the human race? NO! I was depressed. So I talked about depressing shit. Sorry. That's life. It changes every single day. This episode is merely a capture of one particular day in the life. And for me, life is usually pretty rough around the Holidays. We'll see what happens next time.

 - pookon -

www.pookon.com
https://twitter.com/pookondotcom
https://www.facebook.com/MilwaukeeIceman

No comments: