Wednesday, April 29, 2015

It's in My Head #20 - I'm Done Making Plans

Don't let the picture fool you - I intend this to be a positive article. I know the RMS Titanic sunk on her maiden voyage from Southampton, UK to New York City, NY. Everyone knows that. And we can talk about it in an open forum. It isn't too soon. All of those people on board would have been dead by now anyway. The ship plunged to the depths of the North Atlantic in the early morning of April 15, 1912. I know that wasn't Thomas Andrews' plan when he designed this "unsinkable" ship. This was the largest ship at the time and the disaster become more legendary than the ship itself. Everyone knows the story. If you don't check out one of the million documentaries or books about it or see the James Cameron movie. Do the latter for Kate Winslett's exposed totties alone. Seriously, she's got a real nice set. I just googled it. I would provide a picture for proof, but this is a family site (yeah right). Still, I don't think that I've ever posted naked pictures on this blog. I've come close before, but I stopped short of showing full on nudity or nipples. So I'll let you do the work on this one (trust me, it's not hard. Finding naked women on the internet is easier than finding sand at the beach). 

But back to the real reason why I started writing this article today. This is why it's in my head. I'm done making plans because God and the world doesn't really care about my plans. While one may find that to be troubling, causing them to fall into a pit of despair over this matter, I've chosen to take a different path here. I'm taking the glass is half full approach. I used to say when life gives you lemons, you say "fuck the lemons and bail." But instead I'm going to take those lemons and make the best fucking lemonade you've ever tasted in your sweet little life. And this is why - sometimes you just gotta be creative and just go with it. I'm not saying don't plan vacations, don't pay your bills or don't plan out your retirement. Do those kinds of things. But what I am saying is don't get all frazzled and out of sorts when something comes up that interferes with those carefully laid out plans. Some of the best moments of my life were completely unexpected. I don't normally plan out my adventures, they just happen. If you keep yourself flexible and figure out a way to rise and fall with the ever flowing tide, you're going to experience one helluva ride. 

And that's life at its absolute greatest. It's in a moment that you never saw coming which ends up being one of the greatest moments of your life. So what I'm telling you today is to not live life according to the plan. Because plans change. The world doesn't have a plan for you or for me. Your future isn't written yet. Doc Brown told me that. It's up to you to figure it out as you go along and never let change interfere with you living your life. I'll tell you that my life as it is today isn't what I expected it to be. There's a lot of good, but there's also a lot of bad. But at the end of the day, there's one very important thing - I'm still alive to live another adventure. And every single day that I wake up alive, I have the chance to live one more adventure. These adventures are never according to plan. What good adventure is? None of them. Screw the plans. Go with the changes and don't live your life according to plan. That's what's in my head today. What plan used to be in your head that has now been changed?
 
 - pookon -

http://www.pookon.com/
https://twitter.com/pookondotcom
https://www.facebook.com/MilwaukeeIceman

No comments: