Friday, January 06, 2006

WSoBP Day 5 (January 5) - Beer Pong Finals (short version)

I'm not going to have enough time today to type up an entry for the finals, but I just wanted to get on here and give you a couple of tidbits so I don't leave you hanging until Sunday. The next time I'll have internet access is on Sunday when I'm back home in Milwaukee, so here are a couple of highlights from Thursday's events. I'll expand more on them Sunday afternoon.

- Casey Riley played an exhibition match with a Playboy Playmate against Billy and Duncan, the event organizers and members of the bpong.com staff.
- Casey/Lorge and Iceman/Fresno won their opening round games.
- Brodey/Balkman and Riley/Phany did not.
- we played Casey/Lorge in round two and lost to them.
- we established ourselves as the most hated group in beer pong. Everyone there was cheering against us every time we stepped up to the table.
- won our next 2 game before losing in the 4th round (out of 8) of the losers bracket.
- Casey/Lorge made it to 6th round and ended up as the 6th team overall out of the 32 who made it into the playoffs. Ice/Fresno tied for 12th, Riley/Phany tied for 20th and Brodey/Blakman tied for 24th. Not too bad if you ask me.
- Riley almost got into a fight with this guy who looks like Raphael from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- played beer pong in about 3 different hotel rooms with people from the tournament. We even played with the writers from playboy.com and Toro magazine, both of which were just learning the game of beer pong.
- went to bed around 4:00 am, preparing to spend entire day in Las Vegas on Friday 1/6.

Like I said, I'll expand on this more when I get home, but at least now you have a general idea of what happened during the final day of this event. Take care, and I'll see you on Sunday. Thanks for reading, and also thanks for your comments to my blog. It's good to see someone who cares.

www.pookon.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim Reck supports the United Negro College Fund.