Friday, November 12, 2010

Pookcast Episode 14 - World Series of Beer Pong 6

I tried so hard to retire from beer pong. I've been playing for about 8 years now and decided to call it quits after the World Series of Beer Pong 5, which took place in Las Vegas in January 2010. After failing to make the playoffs (Day 3) for the 3rd consecutive year with Joey Kanz as my partner (while compiling a personal WSoBP worst record of 5-7), I figured I was on the decline and I should hang it up before I embarrass myself any further. And for the most part I was ok with life without beer pong. I played in a satellite tournament in Green Bay back in February (faithful visitors of Pookon's Ill Blog will remember that as the night that I recorded the "Fat Teen Wolf" episode of The Pookcast), then I played with Brodey and Aaron at a bar back in June or something and then one more time about a month or two ago. So I have only played beer pong 3 times this year, and only one of them was in a competitive setting. That sounds like retirement to me. Then I was working on the Pookon.com WSoBP 5 story. And I got nostalgic. Then one drunken night I was worrying about turning 30 next year, and how I don't feel comfortable wearing khakis (like I do at my day job) and how I much I love the beer pong community because I am accepted there. So I decided to sign up for the WSoBP 6. I also had to fulfill a promise that I made to Hummel one drunken night earlier in the year when I told him I would be his partner at the WSoBP if he couldn't find anyone else to play with. So all of that brings us up to date

The following occurred after a long night of drinking with former CHBPL members Brodey, Lorge, Casey, Denise, Aaron, Charlie, Felicia and TJ. When I got home I was a sad drunk and I poured my heart out a little bit and realized how much I really did love the WSoBP and beer pong in general. So check out the videos below if you want to see my softer side. If you think I'm just a whiny little pansy that never amounted to anything, then your viewpoints will be validated by watching this. Some of you might watch this and fall in love with me all over again, just like you did in Last Cup. And most of you don't give a shit. Whatever it is, thank you once again for spending time with me via the Pookon Empire. Later dudes.

Part 1



Part 2



- pookon -

www.pookon.com
email: pookondotcom@gmail.com

No comments: