Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Drive to Stay Alive - Ep 8 - Bringing Back Humbug

Tis the season to be jolly, right? Fuck that. Tis the season for all you jolly bastards to shut up and stop reminding me that you are happy and I'm not. I don't need Christmas cheer. I don't need chestnuts roasting on an open fire. I don't need Jack Frost nipping on my nose. I certainly don't need Yuletide carols being sung by a choir and heaven forbid if I come across some tiny tots with their eyes all aglow. You might have guessed it by now because I'm laying it on thicker than the frosting on a gingerbread house, but I hate Christmas. Once Thanksgiving passes I too start a countdown - a countdown until the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" is over and I can go back to my depressing life without hearing Jingle Bell Rock oozing out of every speaker within hearing distance. Ever since I found out that Santa wasn't real that aspect of the Christmas spirit was lost for me. Then I focused on Jesus as the reason for the season but that only lasted until I reached college and had a falling out with organized religion  So what is left for me to love during this Christmas season? I'm not even sure anymore and talking it out during this Episode didn't really help me to figure it out. Join me in this adventure by clicking below to disagree with me in every single thing I have to say. That's because you love Christmas. Everyone does. But not me. I hate Christmas.



Right click and Save As to download a copy of The Drive to Stay Alive - Episode 8 - Bringing Back Humbug, so that you can listen to it whenever you feel like it: http://pookonco.ipower.com/music/dtsa%20-%20ep8.mp3

I want to bring back Humbug. Not enough people use this word and in fact I rarely hear it uttered except for when Ebeneezer Scrooge voices his displeasure. Humbug in the way that Scrooge uses it means nonsense or rubbish, which works during all times of the year and not just during the season of Christmas. With this in mind I'm going to incorporate it into my ever expanding vocabulary and once again popularize the phrase. We'll see where that goes but I can promise you that there is a better chance of me succeeding at that then there is a chance of me loving Christmas. Sorry man. Tis the season to be jolly and joyous but for me there is no fa la la. And forget about asking me to deck the halls with balls of holly. Ask me that and I'll deck you instead. After all there's only 5 more sleeps till Christmas. Makes me wish I could go into a coma for a week and wake up when all of this glad tidings to you wherever you are, we wish you a Merry Christmas bullshit was over. Christmas. Bah! Humbug,..

 - pookon - 

www.pookon.com
email: pookondotcom@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/MilwaukeeIceman
https://twitter.com/pookondotcom

No comments: