Friday, March 27, 2015

The Write Time and the Write Place - Detroit Airport

I tried writing this entry while we were in the Detroit airport during a 2 hour layover, but apparently everything I wrote over the last hour just decided to delete itself (technology can be a real bitch sometimes). So let me try and figure out what I said so that I can share that with you. I'm a little upset at this son of a bitch right now. I had written 4 paragraphs of content and then when I tried to post it, it magically disappeared. I am currently operating on this new tablet and we're still trying to become friends. So I apologize if I'm a little rude and crass. Now I'm not saying that what I wrote before was gold, but I was proud of the nonsense that I came up with. The whole point of this was to write something that wasn't structured. To write something random during my adventure. I'm on my way to see my brother James and his wife Melissa in South Carolina. But we're also going to be spending some time in the North one as well.


This trip is kind of a big deal. I've been down to visit them almost every year that they have lived there (5 or 6 years now) but this one is different. This time my mom and my sister Jenny Reck will be joining me. So we're getting the band back together. We don't get to hang out as a family much anymore except for holidays and when someone dies. But this will also test the patience of everyone in the surrounding area because Jenny Reck and I come with some baggage. And not the kind of baggage that we carried on the plane. I'm talking about the baggage that follows you around like a little monster. This monster has a name. His name is Nonsense. And he never leaves the sides of the #HotMess and the #Spectacle. That's right bitches,  we're trending. So if you can't deal with the nonsense, don't even bother paying attention to anything I do. Now that we got that shit out in the open, we can move on.

I'm trying to be more random, so feel free to call me that. Yes, I understand that name already belongs to a Milwaukee bum chilling out on a park bench back in like 2004, but he's either dead or he has transfered to a city that isn't cold as balls. Seriously, why would bums ever be homeless in a cold weather city? I understand that your options are as limited as your finances, but whatever happened to stowing away in a box car or a cargo ship with nothing but the clothes on your back, some baked beans, fingerless gloves and a stick & bindle? Do bums still do that? If they don't, then that's one of the many things that they are doing wrong. If I hear that they are no longer warming up next to a burning barrel, then I've lost my faith in the modern day bums. If that is true, I'm going to start teaching classes for homeless people. Free of charge of course. Homeless people don't pay for shit. Maybe I can write it off on my taxes because I'm doing a service to the community. That way we all benefit. Hooray for profit and hooray for me!

I hate to make comparisons to something that you can't see, but the other post (the one that got deleted) was so much better. It's not even fair how much this fails to live up to that. But so it goes. That's life. Shit happens. Sometimes you create something beautiful and sometimes it is what it is. Only I know the difference, but you move on. And speaking of moving, I gotta get going because the Carolinas are calling my name. The adventure is just beginning my friends. And I couldn't have asked for two more worthy traveling companions. Here's to making memories. Cheers folks. 

- pookon -

No comments: