Monday, May 09, 2005

update on my life

Two months ago (on April 2) I posted some rather interesting comments about my situation at the time, which led to a bit of concern from the people who care for me and some random people who offered their thoughts on my state of emotions. Thanks to all who took the time to try and make me put it in perspective and make me realize that I'm not a bad person, I'm just a little uncertain about my life and maybe a bit too stressed out. There were many factors that played a part in this emotional outburst, from school, to my living situation, turning 24 and having no purpose in life, uncertainty about my future, financial difficulties, loneliness, etc. I'm one of those people who internalizes their problems and has no way of working them out until one day BOOM - like a volcano I just loose it and usually do something stupid. I've never really been too stressed out about anything because I always thought that all of those things really didn't have any effect on me, and I could just go on living without dealing with my problems. Things are a bit better now, I'm most likely going to finish this semester with A's in both of my classes, am financially stable at least for now, goin to talk with my academic advisor and set a plan for graduation, and most importantly I am going to be moving out of where I live now and am finally going to have my own bedroom and a space that I can claim as my own. I think that is a pretty big factor because everyone needs a place to go to get away from everything and just chill out and relax and take some time to figure out how to handle the situation. For 1 1/2 years I haven't had that luxury, so I taken to internalizing these difficulties when they arrive. I also started taking a look into Internet dating websites, trying to find someone out there for me. If you happen to come across this and have used them yourself, or know someone else who has, toss me a line at pookon@hotmail.com and give me some advice.

- pookon -

www.pookon.com

No comments: