Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Get me Outta Here

I'm a little bitch cause I whine and complain about shit but don't do anything about it. This is a picture of me at work whining about my job and how much I dislike it. Without getting into too many details, I don't really like the customers that frequent our company's resources. Randall in the movie Clerks said it best, "This job would be great if it wasn't for the fucking customers." Amen brother. I can mostly deal with people. Even stupid people. It is true that there are no stupid questions, only stupid people, so I understand that I have to answer the same questions every single day. Since I'm quite used to that, it's time for me to stop bitching about that shit. If stupid people didn't have questions, then I wouldn't have a job because my job entails answering questions. I've come to peace with that nonsense. Now that I've resolved that issue, I still need something to bitch about. Thankfully I have my hours. I work from 1:30 - 10:00 pm 5 days a week (including alternate Saturdays.) Bascially, this means that I cannot work the majority of the Brewers home games, but I also am unable to watch the majority of the away games. This really sucks, because I have been able to do that since 2002 when I started working at Miller Park. Since there are no opportunities for advancement at my current job (although I just speculate on that, I never actually checked it out) I have to deal with it or find a new job.

I hate starting a new job. I hate dressing up nice, acting professional, pretending to care about work, making new friends, learning a new system, and all of the bullshit that comes with starting a new job. I've had lots of jobs in my life, but the ones that I liked I stayed at for a long time. I have been working at Miller Park since 2002. I worked at UWM from September 2002 - May 2007. I worked at AMC/General Cinema Mayfair Mall for 3 years. I don't really like change. I've settled into this job, and although there are plenty of negatives, I just really don't like change that much that negatives can't force me to do something about it. Well, besides bitching of course. So I'll just sit here in my cubicle and type up some rant on my blog. At least I have the time to do that. If I wasn't granted access to the Internet, then I'd surely be up out of this bitch. Sooner or later I'll have to do something about it, because I need more dollars if I'm ever going to move out of my Mom's house. (Note to readers - I do not live in my Mom's house, and haven't since 2002. I just did that for dramatic effect, which I have now ruined thanks to my explanation.) But I really do need more dollars because I need a car and need to buy things for my future girlfriend (cause ugly people need money for girls to like them.) This job just isn't paying me enough, but to be quite honest, I do not do enough work for them to necesitate giving me more money. So I guess once again I have come to the conclusion that I just shut up and stop bitching. Sounds easy enough, no? But I won't do it because I just don't really like change.

- pookon -

http://www.pookon.com/

No comments: