Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Who are these people?

I work in a call center for the vacations department of a major airline company (name withheld due to the content of this article). If you were to book a trip on our website, have a problem, call customer service, you will talk to me. If you are a moron, please do not call that number. Also - if you are a dumbass, have an IQ level of a monkey, or spew out garbage every time your mouth is open, don't call that number. I am done talking to you, and I have all of your addresses on file. Look in the mail, soon you will be receiving your "I'm with stupid t-shirt" with an arrow pointing straight up to your face. For crying out loud, why do you call me? What a bunch of losers!!! If you are cheap and cannot afford to go to Las Vegas, DON'T GO TO LAS VEGAS. If you can't afford to travel, you can't afford to gamble your money away. And please, don't yell swear words at your kids when you are talking on the phone to me. Not only should you not be shouting the F word at your kids, but in doing so, you are essentially shouting it at me too. It's annoying, and uncalled for. You might not be professional, but at least try to act like it while you are on the phone. I know I'm just another faceless keyboard jockey on the other end of the phone, but that doesn't mean that you can treat me like shit. In the words of Stephanie Tanner - how rude.

And please stop calling me M'am. I am not a lady. I am a guy, a man, a dude, a bro, or more professionally, a sir. Calling me M'am, honey or sweetheart does not make me feel like a man. It is degrading. There is nothing wrong with women. I love women. I love women a whole lot. I think they're great, I just don't like to be called something that I am not. Now sometimes I speak in a high voice when I get excited, but I am anything but excited when I answer the phone and have to do work. Granted, there are some burly manly women (Berta from 2 1/2 Men comes to mind) that might speak in a lower voice, but I have never met one that is named Scott. Some of the older lady travel agents sometimes call me dear or honey, and I don't take offense to that because their terms of endearments are from generations past. Older people just don't understand that it's not ok to call a young man in his late 20's honey or dear, so I just let it slide. Besides, you can't get mad at old people. It's not their fault that they are senile. Just go ahead and try and yell at Blanche, Dorothy, Rose or Sophia - you know, the Golden Girls! I'm sure that that old dame Sophia will sock you in the mouth if you try to sassy talk her. I dare you. Now don't get me wrong, I love that show, and I love those broads, but that would be an episode that I'd love to see! Hey, I guess they're right. Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose. They won't go dyin' on you, they'd whoop your ass!

Finally, these people who call are complete morons! I understand that you call customer service or a help desk if you don't know something, but these people are clueless. They are absolutely hopeless, and I sure hope that they don't breed because their spawn would dumb down the world, much like the vastly underrated Mike Judge comedy Idiocracy. These people calling me surely must love those electrolytes. People call here asking about a product that we don't offer, and they confuse us with someone else. WE ARE (Company A), NOT (Company B) DUMBASS!! What the hell is wrong with these people? If they were to simply use the limited brain power that they have to actually think for a second, they would answer their questions themselves and not have to bother me!! But the more that I about, if people knew the answers and didn't have to call me, then I would be out of a job and I wouldn't have anything to bitch about. So it looks like either way it happens, I'm screwed so I better just deal with it or go out and get a new job. This sucks.

- pookon -

http://www.pookon.com/

No comments: