Friday, March 04, 2011

Milwaukee Brewers 2011 - 25 Brewers in 25 Days - Season Intro

Hey Brewers fans! You know what time of year it is. The snow is receding, the days are getting longer and baseball is being played down in Florida and Arizona. Spring Training has begun, which means that people like me are counting down the days until the regular season begins. By the time that this article goes live there will be 26 days until March 31, which is Opening Day for the Milwaukee Brewers against the Reds in Cincinnati. And back by popular demand is my daily blog entries "25 Brewers in 25 Days" that you all loved so much. That's right folks, once again in the 25 days leading up to Opening Day I will be profiling 1 player each day who will be on the opening day roster. There is a bit of turnaround from the Opening Day roster in 2010, but the majority of the players in 2011 are holdovers from last year with the exception of prized pitchers Zack Greinke and Sean Marcum that were acquired in trades. We'll get to that in the coming days but I just wanted to introduce the series as well as bring you my overall predictions plus a brand new feature to 2011's version of "25 in 25."

Since the majority of the players are coming back from last year, I decided to spice this year's "25 in 25" segment up with a daily video blog talking about that day's player. I could toss out random statistics and junk at you, but I'd much rather be random and wing it. You might get some wicked improve and you might get some swearing, but I promise that you will get some of the most passionate Brewers talk that you've ever heard. I love this team. I dream about them. I wake up in the morning and talk Brewers. I have a closet full of their apparel. I have tattoos. I watch every game and listen to every pre and post game show. Hell I even have worked at Miller Park for the last 10 years. Some might call it an obsession, but I call it being a fan. And when you're a fan of something you just want to share your love of that thing with everyone else. And for the next 25 days I will be talking Brewers. Hopefully (hint hint) I will be able to get a couple of you to join me and talk about our 2011 Brewers. Anticipation has never been higher, and I know that you too have Brewers fever. So don't you hide it under a bushel - NO! You gotta let it shine. Let it shine, let it shine all the time.



Predictions for the 2011 season:
  • The Brewers will finish with a 91-71 record and win the NL Central Division
  • The Reds will finish 2nd, the Cardinals 3rd, Cubs 4th, Astros 5th and Pirates 6th
  • The Brewers will set an all-time attendance record
  • The Brewers will not lose more than 5 games in a row
  • Ryan Braun, Rickie Weeks and Yovani Gallardo will make the NL All-Star Team (I originally picked Zack Greinke on 3/4/11 then changed it on 3/31/11 because Greinke will miss the first month of the season. Oh yeah, and Gallardo is a better pitcher. Yeah I said it, and I believe it.)
  • By the end of the season, Sombreros will have taken over the left field bleachers and our numbers will be so big, the Brewers will be forced to recognize us with an official fan club like the Bucket Head Brigade
Check back daily to Pookon's Ill Blog for the next episode of 25 Brewers in 25 Days. Tomorrow I will be profiling the big man himself (who actually isn't that big anymore): Prince Fielder. Despite everyone and his Mom thinking he was going to be traded if we were going to get quality pitching in return, he's still here to lead the 2011 offense. But that my friends, is a topic that will be covered tomorrow. Roll out the Barrel! We'll have a Barrel of Fun!

- pookon -

www.pookon.com
email:pookondotcom@gmail.com

No comments: