Friday, November 02, 2012

The Drive to Stay Alive - Ep 2 - Nuclear War / Acts of God

I introduced you to my solo podcast "The Drive to Stay Alive" during Day #4 of Go Bananas but in case you didn't catch that let me give you a little recap on what I'm trying to do here. My drive to and from work is the worst part of my day Monday-Friday. On the drive there it sucks because I know that I'm going to be spending the next 8 hours doing something that doesn't help me in any way except for a steady paycheck. And the drive home is agonizing in a different way because I can't wait to just get there so that I can satisfy my need to be creative and have an output for all of the ideas that are swirling around in my head. I take those ideas and develop content for pookon.com, this blog, The Daily Burner, TimReck.com and any other project that I am currently working on. That does solve a rather large need in my life to create but there are a lot of other thoughts, feelings and emotions that I just don't know what to do with. That's where this podcast comes into play. 

I don't normally talk about real life. I prefer to be more entertaining with silly stories and goofy things that I think about when I'm drunk. But my ability to come up with some really creative positive things also allows me to come up with some dangerously terrible things and sometimes puts me in a dark place. I'm hoping to use this as a therapist of sorts and talk out a lot of my worries and issues. But why record it and share it with you? I don't know really. I guess exposing myself to an audience makes it real and holds me accountable for my actions. So if you feel like hearing my opinion on things like trying to find a reason to live and figuring out my purpose in life, go ahead and take a listen below. Hopefully I manage to entertain as well as give you something to think about as you come along for this journey. It's going to be one hell of ride as I search for a reason to keep living.

In Episode 1 I kind of provided an overview and hit on a variety of topics as I introduced the reason why I am doing this. Today's Episode allows me to focus on another topic altogether and I bring up the question if I really even want to stay alive. Is life worth living? Sure, I bet I'll find a good reason somewhere along the way which brings me joy and happiness. But life is also shrouded in darkness as I address things like terrorism and acts of God which make the future look bleaker by the day. Nuclear war is a threat that we may have to face in our lifetimes and I hope I never have to deal with the eradication of millions of human beings in a careless act of war. But later I decide that an act of God like the recent Hurricane/Super Storm Sandy is more likely to happen as God tries to punish us for our wrongdoings. Look, I'm not doing it justice right now so just do yourself a favor and listen below.



Right click and Save As to download a copy of The Drive to Stay Alive - Episode 2, so that you can listen to it whenever you feel like it: http://pookonco.ipower.com/music/dtsa2.mp3

I've got a million things to say and as life keeps throwing more curveballs and me I'll have to figure out a way to lay off of them and wait for that fastball down the middle so I can drive it out of the park. Sorry, that's just the baseball geek in me coming off of the bench for a few innings. But that's my way of saying that there will be plenty of more topics for me to address in the future so keep checking back every week for a new podcast and all of the other content that I post on this blog. I'm nothing without the love and support of you, my family and friends, because you provide me the adventures in life that give me something to talk about. So in a way you are keeping me alive by providing me with some answers to some of my questions. But there will always be more questions so stick around for a little while, ok? 

 - pookon -

www.pookon.com
email: pookondotcom@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/MilwaukeeIceman
https://twitter.com/pookondotcom

No comments: