Friday, September 13, 2013

And So the World Waits in Restless Silence Until The Man Returns...

A man walked slowly through the barren trees with nothing but his thoughts to keep him company. A thousand ideas rattled around inside of his head, which caused him to stop, drop to one knee and pray to whatever God was listening to make the pain go away. It hurts, he said. It hurts to know there is nothing I can do to stop them from dying. To stop them from harming each other. To stop all the senseless violence in this World. I can hear them crying. I feel their anger. I feel their pain. I can't save them. They say they don't need me. I've tried to tell them the truth. They don't want to listen. They think they are right. They call my ideas archaic, saying my solutions are no longer valid in a modern World. There are so many distractions that shroud people from understanding the basic elements of life which bind us all together. We can live without suffering. We can live without hate. We can live without poverty. We can live without war. We can live as one.

His words were falling on deaf ears. His voice grew hoarse trying to speak over the incessant babble that filled the crowded space. Now is not my time. This is not my place. They don't deserve to hear what I am trying to say. They can't possibly see the light if they are unwilling to open their eyes. They are not ready to be saved.

With little more than a whisper, the man vanishes slowly into the night. With him go the hopes and dreams of a generation begging for a chance at redemption. They had their chance and chose to not accept change. They recoiled in fear. They put up a wall around them and refused to let love enter their hearts. They have made a great mistake. Those few who knew him well said that He could have changed the World. The man had all of the answers but no one was willing to listen. But now he is gone. All of the sudden the darkness returns. There is no hope. We are left aimlessly searching for an answer that we know we will never find. We know there is only one Man who can answer our questions. And so the World waits in restless silence until the man returns...

 - pookon -

No comments: