Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Almost Famous

At work today, I had a conversation with Alex from the dishroom about the movie Almost Famous. The soundtrack was playing, and I asked "Is this the soundtrack to Almost Famous?" Of course it was, because I've seen the movie so much that I can easily recognize the music from it. We talked about it for a while, noting that it was one of the greatest movies of all time, and then we both came to a startling conclusion - we both could not believe that there are people in this world who have not seen the movie Almost Famous! Normally I don't really care about your likes or dislikes, nor will I tell you what you should or should not watch because I realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But, I believe that everyone, before they die, should take a few hours out of their lives to watch this cinematic masterpiece. And if you don't like it, I mean truly do not like the movie, I will personally buy you a movie of your choice. That's how strongly I feel about it. I feel the need to inform the world of Cameron Crowe's semi-autobiographical wonder, and I thank you for taking the time to read what I have to say.

GO OUT + BUY ALMOST FAMOUS

www.pookon.com

No comments: