Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Oh so HOT HOT HOT!!!

So the last few days it has been uncharacteristically warm here in Milwaukee Wisconsin. I even live by the lake (Michigan) and it is still sweltering, even at night as I try and prepare for sleep. I laugh when I go to weather.com and look up the temperature - "74 degrees F, feels like 74 degrees F." Damn right it feels like 74! I could've told you that by sitting inside of my apartment, at the computer, sweating bullets and shooting them far far away from here. I've already drank about 64 ounces of ice water, and planning on 32 more before I try and pass out. When it gets hot like this in Milwaukee, it gets muggy and humid. Sleeping in this weather is nearly impossible. You just kind of lay there only on the sheets and hope that it cools off enough so you don't feel like you just got out of the shower, which doesn't sound like a bad idea right about now. So instead, I'm here, typing away, imagining being in an igloo instead of my hot apartment. Brrrrrrrrr......Maybe if I think cold, and I'll be cold. Try out one of those old mind over matter trickeries that can get people quicker than if you open your eyes in Marco Polo. Did Marco Polo really exist? Was there a guy named that, and if so, why did they call his name so much that it became a call and response pool game. Why do you play it in a pool anyway? Was it because Mr. Polo liked the sea as a child? Would his mother would yell "MARCO!!" and he would run in from the surf shouting "POLO!!" and then she would scold him for being in the sea without a flotation device or a swim buddy. I really don't know what Marco Polo has to do with the hot weather, but he had to be cool enough to get a pool game named after him.

www.pookon.com

No comments: