Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The witching hour

which for me now occurs at around 1:00 am every night. Now, some people might have different definitions or thoughts on what exactly the witching hour is, but to me, it means the time that I go to bed. I feel so old these days because as time passes, I find it increasingly difficult to keep my eyes open past midnight, but I struggle to stay awake at least until 1:00 am just so I don't go to bed on the same day that I woke up. I remember the good ol' days when I could pull an all-nighter and still function well the next day. Then I needed only 4 hours of sleep to operate on full steam. Now I need 8 hours of quality sleep just so I don't bite someone's head off at work. What happened to me? Did I finally grow up, much as I feared that I would when I was younger? Does that mean that I finally have to become an astronaut, a police man, or a baseball player? Does this mean that I am not a Toys-R-Us kid anymore because I didn't follow the instructions in the song? Whatever it means, I need to go to bed, because 9:00 am is waiting patiently at the end of my bed, ready to pounce on me in the morning...

www.pookon.com

No comments: