Monday, June 09, 2008

Don't Worry

Somebody told me this today and I thought I'd pass it along to you.

There's no sense worrying in life. There are only two possible stages that you can be in - you can be well or you can be not well. If you are well, then you have nothing to worry about. If you are not well, then 2 things can happen - you can get sick and you can die. If you get sick, you will get better and no longer have to worry. You can't worry about death because two more things can happen - you can go to heaven or hell. If you go to heaven, everything will be alright so you will be well. If you go to hell, you'll be too busy shaking hands and reaquanting yourself with people in your life that you won't have time to worry. So in the end, everything works itself out so there is no point on worrying over silly things.

There's a reason that Bobby McFerrin clicked, whistled, beat boxed, scat sang, and replicated instuments in his song Don't Worry Be Happy - he wanted to get a message across in the most enjoyable form possible : through song. Too often I come into work at the beginning of the work week with an immediate Case of the Mondays, which is more my fault that anything. I should think of Monday as being just 4 days from Friday, and since I do not work this coming Friday (June 13th) I have a 3 day weekend. Essentially, that makes today (Monday) actually my Tuesday, so I have absolutley nothing to complain about today. I certainly could find something, but then I would be activly seeking out things to be upset about, and it would be 100% my fault for my bad mood since I chose to do it. Funny how that stuff works out. Sometimes it just takes a kind sole on the other end of the phone (or the internet) to remind you of all the good things in life instead of allowing yourself to focus on the negatives. Life is so much sweeter when you have nothing to worry about and you can just kick back and enjoy it. Take care my friends.
- pookon -

No comments: