Monday, June 02, 2008

Nice shirt, who shot the Couch?

On April 30, some dude in the lunch room was wearing the exact same shirt as me (pictured). What made it worse was that both of us were wearing khakis and brown shoes. I felt like I was in the movie Twins, cause he was a middle aged, handsome looking African-American guy. I am all of the garbage that's left over. Needless to say, I had to get out of there before people started calling us Twins. It was definitely the first time in life that I felt like I was Danny DeVito. It was rough because I was really hung over at the time, and I was just in there to get some coffee. When I saw the other guy wearing my shirt, I had to get out of there because it was like looking in a fun house mirror. My warped mind couldn't handle it at the time, because it was still recovering from the night before. If that situation is anything like doing mind altering drugs, then count me out. That shit is too crazy and too messed up to do by choice and on a recreational basis.

Again, on June 2, I was wearing this shirt again and I walked through the hallway, and I thought that my shadow was behind me, but no! I was wrong, it was my twin once again wearing this same shirt, khakis, and brown shoes. Ahhhh! It's like a nightmare gone from bad to worse. Then these middle aged ladies had to point it out, giggle, say "oh, how cute", and then say "you guys could be twins!" Thanks ladies, I really needed something that was completely obvious to me pointed out. I also needed to be pointed at and ridiculed, because it wasn't bad enough when people did it to me in high school. And speaking of high school, now I understand how teenage girls feel like when some other girl is wearing the same dress at the Prom. It really is that embarrassing. And to think, all these years I thought that they were just overreacting. In fact, I used to yell at them to stop whining because they were giving me a headache. It was all fun and games until I found out that it wasn't a headache and that it was actually a tumor. What a day it has been. But then again, it's just another day at the office...

- pookon -

www.pookon.com
email : pookondotcom@gmail.com

No comments: