Saturday, January 07, 2012

World Series of Beer Pong VII - Before

When I travel I always like to take one of the earliest flights possible so that I can maximize my time in my destination. This is a fairly common practice among travelers and I know I'm not alone in this belief. Need the proof? The earlier flights are usually the most expensive because all of the seats are occupied. Since I either buy my flight early or get it from my Dad (who uses his frequent flyer miles) I end up rolling into Vegas around noon or 1pm. In comparison Kevin, Chris and Sara bought their flights about 2 weeks prior to this trip and they wouldn't be getting into town until like 11pm or even midnight. This gave me the whole day to wander around by myself getting into trouble before someone was able to knock some sense into me and say that drinking excessively when you are sick is a bad idea. Even though I had a grand old time, I kind of wish that someone would have been there to be the voice of reason. Maybe then I could have spent more time recovering and less time drinking and gambling. Maybe then I would have been better suited to play beer pong on Day 1 of the Tournament. Who knows man. All of this is now in hindsight anyway. At the time it seemed like a good decision. But I stand by it. Because I had one hell of a time.

I bought some rum from the liquor store before heading out and I had more than my fair share of "free" drinks at Bill's Gambling Hall and Saloon before spending a few hours at the Bellagio. While there I played a bunch of fun penny slot machines. Probably the best assortment I have ever seen. First it was a Rock and Roll one that saw my headbanging while giving the "devil's horns" rock sign while the people in the buffet line looked on. Next it was a swashbuckling pirate game. Then a trip down childhood nostalgia with the coolest slot machine ever featuring The Ghostbusters. And finally I played this American Idol game with two foreigners and an older lady. All of us started with $20 and cashed out over $200, which was really nice for everyone. I'm pretty sure of that. Of course there's a lot more to this story which will be told in due time over on Pookon.com, but for now you have the video of me walking out of the Bellagio with my winnings being excited about actually coming in on top for once. 



And just because I love you, here are my tweets from my gambling sessions at Bill's Gambling Hall and the Bellagio. You're welcome. But please use your own discretion and caution while reading. I happen to be a little offensive at time because that's just how I am. I'm not going to apologize but I will throw out this disclaimer because you have the choice to proceed. I will always stand by the fact that no one is exempt and I can't control what I say or do. If it's funny to me I put it out here. Deal with it.

This better be the best god damn 7 and 7 of all time. Fucker cost me $20. It's suckers like me that built this town. #gambling #LasVegas

I'm thoroughly convinced that slot machines are out to get me. The Matrix is real! We are all just batteries!! #LasVegas

I'm playing "The Price is Right'" long enough to get some free drinks but I still think the Price is Wrong Bobby. #HappyGilmoreOnTV

I thought that the drink girl was really keen on me but she only liked me for my money. Which I have no more of. #LasVegas

@backalleyburner I'm playing slots next to Mickey Rourke. He was Pakastani in that film. What happened to Jeff Bridges? #IronMan

I just gave $1 to a bum because he had a sign that said "Why Lie? I need beer." A man after my own heart. Hell of a town. #LasVegas

I love walking through the Bellagio with track pants and a Brewers jersey. It's my way of saying "fuck you high society" #LasVegas

I love being a spectacle. People are staring. I'm playing this Rock N' Roll slot machine, throwing up the devil's horns + shouting. #RFT

Now the machine might say otherwise, but I'm a winner because I brought joy to the 10 people surrounding me as I rocked. #LasVegas

I won $30 on a pirate slot and I jumped around slapping my ass and shouting yo-ho! Creating a spectacle. #classic

You would think I was winning hundreds by how excited I get. Nope. Just a few bucks. But I have more fun than anyone. #LasVegas

I fully intended to walk out of the Bellagio even, but then I saw a #Ghostbusters slot machine. I ain't afraid of losing no money!!

When you're losing money, on the slot machine - who ya gonna call? My boss to get an advance on my paycheck. #Ghostbusters #LasVegas

On the #Ghostbusters slot machine you can make the terror dogs go away by touching them. In my dreams I had to wake up. #LasVegas

Here's a nickel's worth of free advice - never play a slot machine of something you hold dear. They beat you on nostalgia. #LasVegas

Are you fucking kidding me?!? I just won $150 doll hairs on the #AmericanIdol slot machine by getting a shit load of Ellens!!!!

I don't care what the critics say. American Idol is the shit. This slot machine has made me $160 doll hairs so far. #LasVegas

Playing American Idol slot machine with a bunch of Japs. What do they know about America? #LasVegas

I may never leave this #AmericanIdol slot machine. After going up big I'm now breaking even. = free drinks for Scotty. #LasVegas

So the drink girl keeps coming by. But I wish that a sandwich girl came by because I'm hungry as shit. #LasVegas

I may never leave this slot machine. I'm cleaning up like a Spanish housekeeper. I started with $20 now I'm at $250. #LasVegas

When you are up over $200 it doesn't seem real. It's like playing with house money. I'm betting $6 a spin. #LasVegas

You might as well forward my mail here. Because I'm never leaving this #AmericanIdol slot machine. #LasVegas

The hardest part is knowing when to walk away. Kenny Rodgers said it best - you got to know when to fold 'em. #LasVegas

I'm up well over $300 now and at some point I need to stop. This is a lot of money. This will buy me nice things. #LasVegas

After well over 2 hours I decided to stop up $250. I could've made more money but greed got the best of me. But still - $250. #LasVegas

#LasVegas. Hell of a town. Won $250. Got my picture taken with Barney and Iron Man. Drinking in the streets. #Rage


www.pookon.com
email: pookondotcom@gmail.com

No comments: