Sunday, January 01, 2012

World Series of Beer Pong VII - Intro

I'm going to keep this brief because I need to be at the airport in 3 hours for my 9:00am flight to Las Vegas. For the 7th consecutive year I will be representing myself, my city (Milwaukee) and my beer pong league (CHBPL) at the World Series of Beer Pong. Honestly I don't know why I keep going back out there when I have so many other things I would rather do with my money and vacation time. Sorry to break this to anyone who believes in me, but I'm just not into beer pong anymore. It just kind of went away with the disbanding of our league a few years ago but still I felt the need to travel to Las Vegas to spend money and lose. Let's face it  - I'm not that good at beer pong. One can argue that I never really was but at least back then I practiced. I have barely thrown a ball at cups all year long, so I can't imagine that I'll be of any good use out there. With no shot to make the Day 3 playoffs and compete for the grand prize of $50,000 I'm basically just going out there to have a good time and hang out with old friends.

So basically I'm going because I'm not ready to find out what it's like not to go. And also because beer pong is a part of my past that still keeps me rooted in my youth. At 30 years old I'm not a kid anymore, but playing this game makes me still feel like I am. Say whatever you want about that, but I guess that has to do with my unwillingness to face the inevitable. I could go on and on about this subject, but that's not the reason I'm here. I'm here because you still care to follow my exploits and I'm going to tell you how to do that. Every day I will have a new blog post right here with a little insight as well as a video to give you a breakdown of the daily happenings. For more up to the minute news make sure you check out my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/MilwaukeeIceman. If you are one of those brave souls who isn't easily offended then make sure to follow me at my Twitter page http://twitter.com/#!/pookondotcom. But make sure you aren't a baby or anything because I tend to keep it pretty real on there.



So that's basically it for now. Hopefully I'm feeling better by the time I get out there (I'm sure that the forecasted temperatures in the mid 60s will help) so that I'm able to let loose, get drunk and be myself at my rawest form. I'm not going to lie - I find myself to be hilarious and when my inhibitions are lowered I just don't give a shit and just go nuts. Get ready for some pure unadulterated content. But don't say that I didn't warn you though. I will not be held liable for any of the crap on these pages in the next few days. It's the booze talking. You're welcome.

- Iceman -

www.pookon.com
email: pookondotcom@gmail.com

No comments: