Saturday, October 10, 2015

Even it Out - Day 10 (Saturday October 10th)

Yesterday (Friday, October 7th) was a very important day in this month-long challenge. It has been one week since I started this thing and the first time that I stepped on the scale to see if there were any results. One week ago (October 1st) I weighed 369 pounds. This morning, to my surprise, I was down to 360 pounds. I lost 9 pounds in one week by eating only on odd days. While I am overjoyed by weight loss, I can't help but think that the amount is a little extreme. Losing weight is a good thing (at least when you are overweight like me). But it should be done gradually over the course of time through exercise and a healthy diet. So this can't be good. But then how come I feel amazing? I'm sleeping better, have more energy and I feel outstanding. So much to the point that I almost have to keep this experiment going even if it is detrimental to my health. I've never really lost weight before no matter how hard I tried because of my poor diet. While this is far from the optimal plan, I feel like I need to do this in order to get used to eating less. 

There will be something to learn from this experiment and I will take something away from it. I have already displayed some really great self control on the even days but let the wheels fall off on the odd days. I need to be consistent and learn to implore moderation. But seeing some (albeit drastic) weight loss is enough to keep me going. I am going to weigh in more frequently to make sure that I don't lose another 10 pounds this week. I don't want to run into a situation where I get sick or endanger my body because of malnutrition or lack any possible side effects. I need to lose weight, but I can't be unsafe about it. So if you've been following along and have any concern for my well-being, please know that I will quit this at any time that I feel like I'm in any danger or feel damaged in any way. There's a huge difference between dieting/weight loss and starvation. As much as I need this, I don't need to end up in the hospital or dead. But like I mentioned in previous entries, on the days that I don't eat I never feel hungry or sick in any way. I haven't felt a lack or energy or any ill effects. I drink plenty of water and I take a daily vitamin. I'm getting enough exercise and sleeping 7 hours a night. So unless something extreme happens, the experiment goes on. 

 - pookon - 

http://www.pookon.com/
https://twitter.com/pookondotcom
https://www.facebook.com/MilwaukeeIceman

No comments: