Sunday, October 04, 2015

Even it Out - Day 4 (Sunday October 4th)

As I am typing this, it is the most difficult part of my day during this challenge. I usually eat breakfast, but I have been known to skip "the most important meal of the day" simply because I don't have enough time in the morning. I am not a morning person. I will never be. Not here, not in an alternate dimension, timeline or realm. So if things aren't clicking for me in the morning, I have no problem sacrificing this meal for some extra sleep or me time. I don't eat lunch at work (unless we have free eats at work) so missing that meal is no big deal. But I always eat dinner. Even it comes at a late hour because of previous commitments or my 2nd job. It may be at 6pm, 7pm or 1030pm. But I always eat dinner. I don't mess around when it comes to that meal. That's what makes today so difficult. Even though there were plenty of distractions (a 2:10 Brewers start and coming home to the 2nd half of the Packers game), I can't help but be upset that I'm not allowed to eat my favorite meal of the day.

That is easily the biggest disappointment of the day. The Green Bay Packers won, so there is nothing to be sad about there. The Milwaukee Brewers lost, but in all honesty, it was just the final nail in coffin that was shut on April 6th (Opening Day) with a 10-0 loss to the Colorado Rockies which continued the pain from the last month of the 2014 season. I saw this one coming from a mile away. But I'm not used to missing dinner. I'll miss my favorite TV show. I'll miss my friends and family. But I don't miss dinner. That is what makes this so hard. On Friday night, I said that the 2nd day was the easiest. Well, then the 4th day is the worst. I'm hoping that in a few days, I will get used to this cycle. But for now, there is an adjustment period. I have to work through the mother of all first world problems until I get used to not eating every day. I feel like an asshole right now because I realize that there are people out there in the World that don't choose to not eat everyday. It just happens. It's a part of life. I'm doing this on purpose AND still complaining about it. When did I become that guy?

Well, I guess that is all . I successfully made it through another day of not eating with little to no desire to eat (although those peanuts that the kids in front of me had at the game looked incredibly delectable. You know how much I love those salty nuts! Ok, so that sounded #aLittleGay. Did I just hashtag something in my blog? Oh I'm so ashamed...). There's nothing else left for me to say now, so I'm going to go outside and walk around for a bit. I'm about 2,000 steps short of my 8,250 step goal. I haven't missed my daily step goal since August 17th, so I don't want to break the current streak that I'm on. Side note - I dreamnt of chicken wings last night I woke up drooling all over my pillow. This not eating thing is really starting to affect me. But at least I get to do something about it tomorrow. Hooray for odd days!

 - pookon -

http://www.pookon.com/
https://twitter.com/pookondotcom
https://www.facebook.com/MilwaukeeIceman

No comments: