Friday, October 16, 2015

Even it Out - Day 16 (Friday October 16th)

It's now been two weeks since I started this challenge and 1 week since I first weighed myself. During the first week I was astounded by the success of this program when I found out I lost 9 pounds. While I knew that there wouldn't be similar results (as a 20 pound loss is unreal), I was hoping for some kind of progress. So it was kind of a shock to see that in week two, I only lost 1 pound. I'm down to 359 now. I'm trying to stay positive that at least I didn't gain any of the weight back, but I just want to be like you normal people. Obviously this is going to take time. A long time. And it's going to take more work than I've already put into it. All I did was cut out eating on even days. I still drink beverages with calories and haven't stayed away from beer or alcohol. So even though I'm not eating, I'm still consuming calories on these days. So that would make perfect sense as to the lack of weight loss. This week I also didn't exercise as much as I didn't move anything else out of my apartment. The lifting, carrying and up and down stairs multiple times a day had to have help with the weight loss. This week I basically just sat around and watched baseball. So it was a misstep. I'm not off the path, but things could have been better.

There's also one really big issue to address. I've been reeeeeeeeaaaaaly bad on the odd days. I don't even want to tell you what my eating habits are like on the days when I am allowed to eat. It would play out like that scene in Heavyweights where the kids (who are at fat camp) overthrow the counselors and pig out on every kind of food in a rather disgusting way. You don't want to know. I need to work on that because I'm not doing myself any favors. What is the point of reducing your food intake on one day if you are just going to double up the next day? I'm not cutting back. I'm not being smarter about my choices. It totally negates every ounce of good will that I am doing here. Aside from the fact that the human body isn't designed to lose 10 pounds a week, I'm sure that my lack of self-restraint on odd days contributed to the minuscule weight loss. 

I don't think I'm doing everything right, but I know that I am doing some things wrong. Or is it that I think I'm doing everything wrong but know that I am doing some things right? Is there a difference? Hell if I know. Look, I'm making this up as I go along here folks. Isn't that what doing an experiment is all about anyway? That's half the battle. The other half? Knowing of course. 


- pookon -

http://www.pookon.com/
https://twitter.com/pookondotcom

https://www.facebook.com/MilwaukeeIceman

No comments: