Thursday, October 08, 2015

Even it Out - Day 8 (Thursday October 8th)

I had my first bad day during this challenge. No, I didn’t eat on an Even Day. I’m not going to screw that one up. But I was tempted. But what I did was probably just as bad. The day was Wednesday October 7. Since this was an odd day, I was allowed to consume food today. But I went overboard and instead of ending up on a desert island with a beautiful, desperate, sex-addicted supermodel (one can dream, right?), I ended up drowning. In an ocean of food. The morning didn’t start well. I woke up with the hunger and plenty of time. That is a very dangerous combination. Since I had been looking at them in my fridge for about a week, I cooked some Bratwurst. Brats for breakfast. Could I be any more Wisconsin? If that was the worst thing I did all day, I’m pretty sure that I could live with myself. But like a runaway locomotive, it just keeps picking up speed before it eventually derails off the tracks.

My Team (of 5 people) had scheduled a taco day potluck at work. It was originally planned for Tuesday October 6, but I coyly had them change it to Wednesday, claiming some kind of scheduling issue that I had later that afternoon. Of course I didn’t tell them the real reason why. Who would believe that I’m not eating on even days? What kind of psycho does something like that? I can’t reveal my secret (to anyone who doesn’t read this blog to keep it exclusive to the viewers) until I have some kind of evidence to support my experiment. So I ate the shit out of those tacos at work. And when I was done doing that, I ate some fully loaded nachos. It was disheartening how much lunch I consumed. I normally don't eat anything at work (unless there is free eats), so it was definitely a step in the wrong direction. But this was only strike 2 on the day, so I had at least one more before walking back to the dugout instead of towards first base. I wouldn't allow that, would I?


Things went from bad to worse when I got home. After moving a couple of things over to Mom's, the feast continued. She had all sorts of leftovers in the fridge and I couldn't contain myself. Spaghetti. Chili. Whatever the hell that was. Chips. Snacks. Yum yums. It didn't really matter what it was. I ate it like I was going to die tomorrow. And if I keep on eating like this, I might. Just because there is plenty of food available doesn't mean I should eat it all. There's always a grand feast out there in front of you. This challenge only works if I restrain myself on the odd days when I am allowed to eat. Otherwise there is no benefit to what I am doing. It doesn't matter that I don't eat on even days if I eat twice as much on odd days. That evens it out too much (and benefits no one at all). I have to find a better way manage this thing and not screw up on the odd days. That's my goal for the coming week. I better figure out a good way to do this while I'm trying to establish a routine. Or else what is the point of this experiment?


 - pookon -

http://www.pookon.com/
https://twitter.com/pookondotcom
https://www.facebook.com/MilwaukeeIceman

No comments: