Saturday, February 02, 2013

Drunken Movie Reviews - A Thousand Words

I've come up with yet another series of articles for this blog which combines two of the things that I love to do - watching movies and drinking. But for this series I don't do them at the same time. So what are you about to read/hear? Here's how this works. First I pick out and watch a movie that I have never seen before. Then within the next few days I get drunk and record a review of the movie as best that I can remember it. It's hard enough to remember all of the characters, the plot details and all of the nuances that make up a movie with just one viewing and it is even harder to do that after a couple of beverages. Certain things slip through the cracks and sometimes you might even convince yourself that the movie was better than you thought it was. After all, you've only seen the movie once. It's really hard to judge a movie after only one viewing. So now that you understand what I'm trying to accomplish here (entertain) I present you with the first episode of Drunken Movie Reviews - A Thousand Words.

If you haven't heard of this Eddie Murphy movie I don't blame you. It was filmed in 2008 but didn't come out in theaters until March of 2012 and even then it only showed on 1800 screens. A big movie normally is released on over 3,000 screens so you can see that Paramount Pictures didn't have a lot of faith in this thing. And why should they? His last couple of movies (Tower Heist, Meet Dave, Norbit, The Haunted Mansion, Daddy Dare Care and The Adventures of Pluto Nash) were all crap. I would almost throw Shrek 3+4 in there too because they are awful but that wasn't his fault. Donkey is fucking hilarious. But the whole reason why the 90's and 00's were so difficult for him was because the 80's were so unbelievable (The Nutty Professor, Raw, Delirious, Beverly Hills Cop I/II/III, Coming to America, Trading Places and 48 Hours) that you can forgive anything he's done since. He was that good. But how about A Thousand Words? How good is this flick? If you want to hear my drunken review than you know just what to do. Click the play button honkey!



Right click and Save As to download a copy of Drunken Movie Reviews - A Thousand Words: http://pookonco.ipower.com/music/dmr1-thousand%20words.mp3

This is a whole lot of fun for me. Obviously. I'm the one that gets to watch the movies then get drunk and talk about them. You're just the dope who listens to my ramblings, most likely when you are sober. What were you thinking? You know that the only way to enjoy drunken me is by being drunken yourself. So make sure to enjoy a couple of beverages before you listen to anything that I post on here. In fact, do it before even logging on to my site. You should never ever be here as a responsible member of society that is sober enough to drive. But make sure that you do come back here to hear my take on certain movies. I watch enough of them and I have an opinion that I'm going to share with the world. And of course I'm going to be drunk when I do it. I wouldn't have it any other way. Here's to ya Hollywood!!

 - pookon -

www.pookon.com
email: pookondotcom@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/MilwaukeeIceman
https://twitter.com/pookondotcom

No comments: