Friday, March 14, 2008

WtF is up with American Idol?

When did the Tasmanian Devil join American Idol? You know, that chick with the black/blonde hair who sounds like Rod Stewart? Amanda Overmyer. That's her name. Do you know what she does (here it comes!!).... SHE REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS!!! She bothers the hell out of me! No matter what she sings, it sounds like gravel tumbling in the back of a cement truck. And you're telling me that out of hundreds of thousands of people in this country, she is one of the 12 best? In the words of Simon Cowell, that's simply appalling. I personally know more than 15 people who sing better than she does, and yet those people are working Joe jobs instead of being on TV. And it's not only her, the majority of the people on there suck balls. There's only about 3 people on there who I think are actually talented enough to be decent recording artists - Carly Smithson, David Cook, and David Archuleta (with a little love thrown in for my brotha Chikezie). I guess I'm out of touch with today's youth and what qualifies as good music, but I think that most of the people blow. I guess that is why I'm in the Travel Industry instead of in the Music Industry.

Why, oh why do I waste my time bitching about this then, if (according to today's musical standards) I have no clue what I am talking about? Because I'm trying to keep this blog current so that I can pull in some random numbers from people who aren't my friends and family. I need to up the readership on this page, and in order to do so, I need to branch out to other subjects instead of the ones that I usually cover. If this topic brings in additional viewers, I might start talking about gardening, upholstering furniture, candle making, and digging underground tunnels. You know, all of the other topics that are current in today's society.

- pookon -

www.pookon.com

No comments: