Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Taxes Suck Balls

I just got my paycheck for the weeks of January 13-27 (we get paid biweekly and I worked a total of 109.50 hours. Every hour that I work above 40 hours a week counts as overtime, so I get paid time and a half. I should have had baller status today (payday), and my bank statement was looking rather robust, but then I got my check stub and saw that the f-ing government stole $322.13 right out of my pocket!! In the words of the great Bob Barker - "That's too much!!" That's a lot of dollars people, and for what - so that the inner city schools continue to try and turn gangsters into respectable members of society? The schools are just going to turn the kids from stupid criminals into smart criminals that rob people without getting caught. What else am I paying for? Fat politicians salaries? Clean streets? Crypto-free water? Stop lights? I know that I'm not paying for road improvements because there are more potholes on Locust between the Eastside and I-43 than the beach at Normandy. That stretch of road looks like a god damn battlefield with all of the cracks and crevices in the street. The federal government takes their share too, but what about my cut? I better be getting that back come tax day, or else there will be hell to pay, believe you me. I'm gonna be filing my taxes like a undead zombie that has undying thirst for dollars.

Update (3/12/08) - finished my taxes on Sunday, and I get a total of ~ $2,000 back from the Federal and Wisconsin government. I don't know if I should be reporting that here (there's a lot of things that can get you into trouble these days). Now that may seem like a lot of money to be receiving in one lump sum, but if you figure that I give $200 to the government every paycheck (that's $400 a month) over 1 year - that's $4,800 a year! And just from this one job! (I have two.) I know that I shouldn't be complaining, because there are probably people out there who pay more in taxes than I do, and the State/Federal governments certainly need it to do stuff to keep this country in order, or else all hell would break loose. So I understand, but I just don't like it. And since this is my blog, I'm allowed to voice my opinion. So there.

- pookon -

http://www.pookon.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.