Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Hunger Strike : Hour 30

It's not too hard going on a Hunger Strike when you A.) don't have food at your house and B.) don't have money to get food outside of your house. Sure, I could eat condiments on paper napkins like a true homeless person, but I'll just refrain from eating for the time being. If I start scrounging around for half eaten scraps of food and free condiments, then slap me and tell me to stop these shenanigans. This Hunger Strike nonsense isn't worth getting sick over. At least I'm not going full out bum and sleeping with cardboard boxes and newspapers in the back alleys of downtown Milwaukee. That's just crazy.

I've always been told that breakfast is supposed to be most important meal of the day, but I never eat breakfast because I wake up 45 minutes before I catch my bus. I wake up so late because I stay up until the wee late hours of the night and don't get to bed until 2 AM. I don't really get tired because I never do anything except sit in my office chair at work, sit on the bus, sit on the couch and sit at my computer. If I actually moved around the day I might actually burn calories or use up some of my stored energy. So I don't eat breakfast because I don't need to kick start of energy in the morning to get me going. The only time that I eat breakfast is at McDonalds, and I'm pretty sure that a greasy Egg McMuffin and greasier hashbrowns are not the most important meal of the day. No matter how much you're McLovin' it, it doesn't make it a good McFreakin' idea.
space
So the big task will be seeing how I do at work today as I'm crunching numbers and trying to stay awake. I normally am bored out of my mind when loading hotel rates and inventory, so we'll see how this crap goes once my stomach goes from full to empty as I burn this tank down to fumes. So far so good though. I'm getting used to this not eating crap. What the heck are all those people in 3rd World Countries complaining about? Bunch of whiners. And wow. That is officially the most offensive and worst thing that I have said today. Here I am trying to bring about change and I have to be an ass about it. Some things just never change then I guess... See you at 1:30 pm.
space
- pookon -
space

No comments: