Thursday, November 06, 2008

Hunger Strike : Hour 48 (2 Days)

So now it's been 2 whole days, which still doesn't sound like a lot of time... unless you are me. Do you know how hard it is to not do something that you love for 2 whole days? I love to eat, which is commonly referred to as the Kurutz Kurse. (I intentionally spell curse wrong, much like we intentionally spell court wrong when referring to Kurutz's Kourt up at Afterglow.) My Mom's side of the family, the Kurutzs, are known for their willingness to party and extravagant food spreads lovingly called Nana Meals. Whenever our family gets together to party, there's always way too much good food, and it's hard to stop eating because it is so incredible. And so I eat until I'm about to burst, which rarely results in a good aftermath. Especially when there is kielbasa involved. I'll leave it at that, much like I will leave the 3rd grade humor back in the hour 36 post. Regardless of how this all shakes out (because I know I'm going to eat something soon, I not so sure I can make it much further than 72 hours) I hope that I learn some kind of lesson from this adventure. Cause that's what life is all about anyway - having adventures and taking experiences away from them. I just want something positive to come out of this interesting departure from my everyday life. Or else what is the point of all of this?

2 days. 2 whole days. It went by real fast. Normally I am too busy goofing around, sleeping, and working, so to be honest with you I didn't really even notice that I haven't eaten during that time period. I guess I just don't really get hungry, and I eat just to eat. Tomorrow is a new day and more erie feelings might creep up into me, so I hope I'll have some interesting things to share. Since I really don't have anything to add anymore, I'm only going to do 2 updates (once every 12 hours) a day at 1:30 am and 1:30 pm. Those times (especially 1:30 am) are important because they represent turning points in this saga. So for now I am done, and I will once again go to sleep on an empty stomach. Oh, and the Hunger Strike charity dollar count is now at $48.00. So some good will come out of this then. Hooray for being righteous and noble.

- pookon -

http://www.pookon.com/
email : pookondotcom@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm proud of you for the committment.