Monday, June 10, 2013

The Write Month: June 10 - Back to the Writing Tablet

The whole reason that I started this Write Month is so that I could go back to writing in a journal like I used to do back in college. This was before this blog existed and I had a lot of ideas and feelings that I wanted to record so that I could look back on my life and instantly be transported back to who I was on that specific day. When I started this blog I found an easy way to share my thoughts and ideas with others in a method that was a lot easier and faster than the "old fashioned" way. I can type faster and more legibly than I can write. Most people can. But not too long ago I found those old journals and realized that they had so much character. There's something special about the written word and being able to hold a physical copy of my work in my hand. Reading my thoughts on a computer screen just can't compare to notebook paper. Plus I tend to write more personal things in there because they aren't shared with the world. I don't really have anything to hide and if you are a frequent visitor to this blog or if you follow me on Twitter you would know that I really don't hold back. I like to be open and honest about things because I want you to like me or hate me for who I am and I don't want to bullshit you. I'm too old and too ugly to pretend to be something that I'm not. But there are still some things that belong in a notebook that should never appear online for mass consumption. Why would you want to read about my true feelings anyway?

I started my new journal yesterday (June 9th, 2013) and I intend to write in it whenever I get the inspiration to do so. I'm not going to tell you what I wrote in there yesterday because that is for my eyes only. And maybe God's too. And that peeping Tom who keeps judging my wardrobe. But let's just say that there was some ghost talk about unfinished business, Casper-style. I hope to use my new journal frequently because I have so many thoughts running through my head at any given moment that I think I might go crazy if I don't figure out a way to get them out of there. Thankfully over the years I have created Pookon.com, this blog, TheDailyBurner.com and started 2 Twitter accounts (@Pookondotcom and @RobertTway) so there is never a shortage of venues for me to work my magic. Writing keeps me sane. If I had to keep all my thoughts and feelings cooped up inside my head I'm pretty sure that my head would explode. You ever see that scene in Scanners when that dude's head blew up? It would kind of be like that. I don't want that to happen. Neither would Marv the Janitor at Washington Dulles International Airport. He'll be damned if he's gonna clean up that mess. So for Marv's sake, for your Daughter's sake, I'm just going to keep on writing. Check back daily in June for a new post here on the blog during The Write Month. You never quite know what kind of nonsense I'll put on here to stop my head from exploding.

 - pookon -

No comments: