Friday, June 28, 2013

The Write Month: June 28 - A Day in the Life

I've had a lot of days in my life. 11,741 to be exact. There have been some good ones and some bad ones. I can't possibly remember all of them but I think a lot of them were pretty average. That's all I'm shooting for in my life is to kind of even out and find a balance. You can never be too high or too low because it's impossible to live that way. Well, at least for me it is. I don't have enough energy to maintain a constant high nor do I have enough tears to to keep a constant low. So I like to meet back in the middle somewhere when all is said and done. When I look back at my life I hope that I did enough to make it all worth it but I really just have one test for that - was it better than Oscar the Grouch's? I mean, he does live in a fucking trash can and everyone on Sesame Street just treats him like shit every day. They call him names and never really attempt to help him out at all with some clothes or a hot bowl of soup. Sure, he's a little mean but we are supposed to help out those that are less fortunate than ourselves. Maybe it's not his fault that he ended up in a garbage can. Maybe he can't get a job because has a learning disability or he is a War Vet who is psychologically damaged beyond repair. Do they ever consider that before calling him a Grouch? Instead of calling him names help him out. And not just with a song about a letter. Teach him how to read instead. You're all about helping but you help out human kids. How about helping out your own kind? Ever think about that? What about your fellow Muppets? Oscar has it pretty rough so I'm going to use him as my barometer for comparison. I like to set the bar low.

The whole point of picking out a day in the life was to figure out what an average day in my life was like. I take pictures during special events and blog about certain topics but often miss out on the average day to day. That is why I have the Twitter. I'm constantly posting on there for mainly 2 reasons - to remind myself of moments in my life and to entertain. I think I accomplish both things on there. So when it came time to pick a random day in my life since I joined Twitter on September 9, 2009 I did a fast scroll down through my tweets for 37 (37!?! In a row?) seconds and then ended up on December 1st, 2012. That was not an average day in my life. I was in South Carolina visiting my brother and we ended up going to this random party and I was having a field day on Twitter describing my experience. That day was a real exception to the norm so I decided to scroll down for another 15 seconds. That brought me to September 13, 2012. While that also was not an average day in my life I decided to go with it because of how fun and random it was.

My uncle Gary called me earlier in the week and offered to take me to Green Bay this day to see the Packers take on the Chicago Bears. I've only been to like 4 Packers games in my life before this so it was a real treat. And then when I found out that (to me at least) it was all free and that I would get free eats, free booze and free transportation I was all in. If it's free, it's for me. This ended up being an incredible day and I took to my Twitter account (@pookondotcom) to tell the world exactly what I was thinking at the time. I like to document these kind of things or else it is just one giant blur. And sometimes, like today, I go back and revisit that day. And almost 10 months later these thoughts, things that I said or situations that I got wrapped up in are still making me laugh. I don't know if you find me to be entertaining but I'm having a ball with it. One thing I have always loved about me is my ability to keep myself amused. It's helped me cope well with my constant state of being alone. But enough of that. Here is what happened to me on September 12, 2012 as the Green Bay Packers faced off against the Chicago Bears at Lambeau Field:

Hanging with Uncle Gary makes me realize that we live in two totally different worlds. #poor 3:57 PM - Sep 13, 2012

I don't think I could ever entertain clients or schmooze with potential business partners. I'm too weird and shy. #different 4:25 PM - Sep 13, 2012

I think on the inside I'm like a 9 year old child because I don't like talking to strangers. #NeverGrewUp 4:29 PM - Sep 13, 2012
 
I was just "that guy" in the background of someone's photo. Yep, I'm that weird guy. #photobomb 4:42 PM - Sep 13, 2012

Had a myriad of drinks on the bus. Plenty of beer, mixed drinks and shots. It's gonna be a long night. 4:59 PM - Sep 13, 2012

Was just given a beer by a Chicago Bears fan. Huh. So it is true - we can coexist. It's good to be the Iceman. #perks #rage 5:25 PM - Sep 13, 2012

I grabbed 2 beers because I have 2 hands. #logic. Hell, its all free anyway. At least to me. I don't pay for shit! #poor 5:36 PM - Sep 13, 2012
 
They are pouring Miller products into Anhauser-Busch cups. What the hell? Shouldn't there be some rule against that? #DontCrossTheStreams 5:54 PM -Sep 13, 2012

I wish I was about 10 years younger right now because I would have pounded about 10 more beers. #GettingOld 6:14 PM - Sep 13, 2012

Stopped by some bus and got some Captain and Coke from one of Uncle Gary's randoms. #LivingTheDream 6:53 PM - Sep 13, 2012

My first #Packers / #Bears game. This crowd is electric. Mayhem style. God damn I love Lambeau Field. #rage 8:00 PM - Sep 13, 2012

Uncle Gary: what was the song they played during halftime at the Packers superbowl? Me: I don't remember the superbowl. #truth #PassedOut 8:38 PM - Sep 13, 2012

I'm sitting near the #Packers' tunnel, and I do have to say that Clay Matthews looks beautiful in person. #aLittleGay 9:02 PM - Sep 13, 2012

I think I'm going to buy a BJ Raji jersey because he's big and so am I. Us big guys gotta stick together. #MakesSense #Packers 9:07 PM - Sep 13, 2012

Now that I moved out of my Mom's house and I'm paying rent, $8 per beer seems pretty steep. #poor 9:42 PM - Sep 13, 2012

Double fisting it right now just like my hero, the Two-Fisted Slobber. Reminds me of my childhood. #CountyStadium 9:50 PM - Sep 13, 2012

With the #Packers up by 20, not a single fan has left the stadium, even though it is a Thursday night. Hell of a town. #GreenBay 10:13 PM - Sep 13, 2012
 
I stood up to join the crowd in a rousing rendition of "The Bears Still Suck." Suck it Illinois. #SconniePride 10:17 PM - Sep 13, 2012
 
The last 3 #Packers games I've been to have been wins. I'd like to say I'm a lucky charm, but they really are just that good. 10:52 PM - Sep 13, 2012
 
It takes forever to get out of the stadium area. Still, it's amazing that such a small town can have an NFL team. #GreenBayPackers 11:36 PM - Sep 13, 2012
 
Now I'm triple-fisting drinks. It's like that 3-tittied bitch in #TotalRecall only not. I wish I had 3 hands. #Benny 11:56 PM - Sep 13, 2012
 
So I've come to the conclusion that all bus drivers are assholes. It's in the job requirement. You have to have road rage. #ImNotDriving 12:16 AM - Sep 14, 2012
 
I've got a couple of Holiday Drunks behind me on the bus. I remember my first beer. #amateurs 12:22 AM - Sep 14, 2012
 
Random girl: don't spill your drink on me. Me: oh, I wouldn't do that. I'm respectful drunk. #classy 12:40 AM - Sep 14, 2012
 
This drunk chick is passed out on me. Sadly this is the most action I've gotten in a very long time. #pathetic 12:49 AM - Sep 14, 2012
 
These chicks are telling me that I'm awesome and I would be a good boyfriend for their friend. They must be drunk. #classic 1:06 AM - Sep 14, 2012
 
Girl: you'd be perfect for my friend Angie. Me: Angie? She sounds hot. #LowStandards #IllTakeAnything 1:18 AM - Sep 14, 2012
 
Girl: I don't have any pockets. Me: then where do you keep your stuff? Girl: in my purse! Fuck pockets!! #classic 1:35 AM - Sep 14, 2012
 
I'm driving home #topless not because I have to, but because I want to. Why would I have to do that? 1:51 AM - Sep 14, 2012
 
I'm so awesome. Can't believe I'm still single. Oh wait, yes I can. Because everything I put on Twitter is the truth. #TooHotToHandle 2:27 AM - Sep 14, 2012


The Green Bay Packers won the game by a score of 23-10. I drank a lot of beer and liquor and raged pretty hard for a Thursday. It was a really fun night and I had a good time with my Uncle Gary but looking back over these tweets I can't help but think that I had a better time on my own doing random goofy shit. That's cause I can't really be myself around too many people because no one really understands me. I don't really let that stop me and for the most part the weird looks don't bother me. But eventually my goal in life is to find someone to share in my random nonsense. Someone that gets me. Someone who will be a part of these adventures. Someone who will be there for every day in my life. For the ones that make it on my Twitter account and the ones that I don't share with the world. There have been many days in my life and I'm hoping that there will be many more. This was just one of those days where a lot of fun things happened. They aren't all like this. Over the past two years there haven't been a whole lot of happy days. But when I do toss aside the sadness for a bit I make up for it by going all out with the fun and excitement. Those are the best days. But in the end they are just another day in what should turn out to be one hell of a life.

 - pookon -
 

No comments: