Wednesday, June 05, 2013

The Write Month: June 5 - It's Only a Game Focker!



It's no secret that I love baseball and the Milwaukee Brewers. I've worked at Miller Park for the last 12 years and I have 2 Brewers tattoos. I have a closet filled with shirts and jerseys that rivals the team store. I wear their apparel almost every day even during the winter. I spend the winters counting down to when Pitchers and Catchers report to Spring Training. I've traveled all around the country to watch them play on the road. My house is adorned with memorabilia from throughout the years. I have a 20-game season ticket pack this year. My name is synonomous with this franchise. All of this you may already know if you've met me if only for a minute. I am a die-hard fan of the Milwaukee Brewers. But that having been said there is one thing that I need to make clear because no one seems to get it - it is only a game. The Milwaukee Brewers and baseball are not my life. They do not define me. I am so much more than "The Brewers Guy".

I know that the latest news of Ryan Braun being accused of using PEDs and his involvement with the Biogenesis Clinic in Miami has everyone talking. And they all want to know my opinion because I'm "The Brewers Guy". You want my opinion? I don't know and I don't care. There it is, plain and simple. Who gives a shit what people do? Whether or not they lie, cheat, steal, hurt people or other things like that. It's not my problem and not my job to judge them. If they come after me or my family then we have a problem. This Ryan Braun thing does not affect me one bit. Well, that's not entirely accurate. If he gets suspended, does it hurt the team I root for? Yes. Does it affect my life? In a way because it affects attendance at Miller Park and I don't make as much money there. But I do get by just fine with my day job. So does it really affect my life? Not really. Because my life is filled with so many other wonderful things that are more important than a bunch of guys playing a child's game for millions of dollars.

That's all I'm going to say about the Braun thing so don't ask. But I have plenty of other things to say during The Write Month. Actually I will have something new to say every day so make sure to check back often here on the blog. And if you think that I'm just "The Brewers Guy" then get ready for an education. I'm about as random and creative as they get and if there is one thing that I have that separates me from everyone else is my boundless imagination. You might think I'm bragging here but I suppose that I am. I am proud of who I am and the  attributes that I have. I am lucky to have been blessed with many things that make me an individual. And I am more than willing to share those things with others. This isn't a game. This is life, and we're all in it. In games you can hit the restart button or clear off the pieces and start anew. You only get one shot at life so make it count. Do something new every day. Share a laugh or a story. Distract someone from the troubles that are weighing them down. That's what I intend to do. I'm going to make things Write this month and I invite you to come along. That is unless you're too busy playing the game...

 - pookon -

www.pookon.com

No comments: