Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Write Month: June 16 - The Koala Punch

It's been a very long weekend and I'm exhausted from all the work it took to set up, rage and clean up from the 37th Reck Family Christmas Party. Thanks to everyone who came out and I'm sorry if I didn't get a chance to sit down and talk to all of you. I hope you ate some good food, were not too stumped by the trivia and that you were able to suck down the sweet goodness of a juice box or two. I'm off to meet my Pops for dinner to celebrate Father's Day so I don't have a whole lot of time to write today, so here is my entry for June 16th. Enjoy.

Genius. This is without a doubt one of my favorite commercials that I have ever seen. But it did not do its' job because I didn't remember what it was for until watching it again and I never have, nor will I ever go to CareerBuilder.com. So why is it amazing? Because it features a Koala getting punched in the face. This commercial first played at the Super Bowl in 2010 and it still makes me laugh. You can fault it for not achieving the goal of advertising for CareerBuilder.com but you have to admit that it is hilarious. Or am I way off? I wonder how many of you have the same sense of humor that I do. Watch the video and then see if you can get on board with what I'm talking about.






Now before you call the feds or PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) or my mother, let me assure you that I don't condone violence. Yeah, I assure you. But I do condone hilarity. And it is beyond funny that a koala is wearing glasses and speaking with an accent. And even better, that furry little marsupial gets punched right in the face. Who hasn't wanted to punch an animal in the face? This is not violence because it's just like a cartoon. Cartoons aren't real. I have a real animal living at my house and I would never ever punch my cat Korben Dallas in the face. But if he ever put on a pair of glasses and started speaking with an accent I might consider it. But I would not be able to punch him because he would probably pull a gun on me and ask if anyone else wanted to negotiate. That's what Korben Dallas does. If I ever came so close as to raise my hand to him, I could see my cat saying, "You wanna play it soft? We'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard? Let's play it hard." And then he kicks the shit out of me. You don't mess with Korben Dallas. He only speaks two languages - English and Bad English. But only if he is wearing glasses.

 - pookon -

www.pookon.com

No comments: