Monday, June 03, 2013

The Write Month: June 3 - To Be Fortune-ate

Yesterday I got a fortune cookie. Eddie bought me some Chinese food because I happened to be over at Mom's for dinner. I had been doing some yard work trying to keep the Mothership looking nice and pristine for the summer. And it looks great thank you very much. I didn't eat my fortune cookie last night because I knew it would make a good topic for today. Since June is Write Every Day Month here on the blog, I knew if I found something to write about I best hold it until I need it. So today I ate my cookie and read this fortune:

If you can shape it in your mind, you will find it in your life.

Now I'm no expert, but isn't that the same as, "If you can dream it, you can do it"? If so, then I get it. I'm all about this idea because when you refuse to accept the possibilities you can achieve then you limit yourself. Each person is capable of so many things if they work hard and never give up on their dreams. I'm sure there are some unreasonable things that I shape in my mind (like a version of Natalie Portman who is madly in love with me) that I will never find in my life but who knows? I'm probably not going to spend the rest of my life with Natalie Portman but I could find a lookalike who I can trick into falling madly in love with me and it would be almost the same. So yeah, it could happen. I just have to do it.

I'm just not a do-er. I'm a try-er. Yoda would fucking hate me. Good thing that Muppet is dead or else he'd probably allow me to turn to the Dark Side so that he could decapitate me with his light saber. And in case you are just figuring it out now, yes - I love Star Wars. But that's not all I love. I also love to write which is why this month should bring about so many new ideas and insight into my life that you probably weren't aware of. Shit I don't even know if I am. I'm constantly exploring the inner parts of my mind and seeing what exists there. It's going to be a wild month so I hope you come along for the ride.

As for my fortune I'm going to keep that in mind. I can shape a lot of ideas in there and I don't think many of them have come to fruition... yet. There's still time and every day is another chance to make things happen. I think of life in the physical sense for the most part but when I also consider the imaginary oasis that sits in my brain maybe all of the things I've been dreaming are already happening. And now my life just got a whole lot more exciting. For the next 27 days I'm going to try and understand how and why. And maybe just begin to realize how incredible this life really is. I'm shaping that in my mind right now. Now I'm off to find it.

-pookon-

No comments: