Monday, October 14, 2013

Pickle the Day: October 14th - Keep Driving On

I look in my rear-view mirror and I know it's safe. There are no lights flashing and I'm caught in a race. Stepped out on the pedal and my spirit soars. Like a restful nighttime I just want more and more. And I keep driving on towards the rising sun where I know good feelings last a long, long time. I turn off the radio now. Turn my mind up high. I roll my windows down now. I take a breath and sigh. I start a new beginning in a troubled time. I will be alright here at least the rest of the night. And I keep driving on towards the rising sun where I know good feelings last a long, long time. - Driving On by Tim Reck -

Every now and then I need to take a "Nowhere Drive" so that I can reset and clear my mind. I start off driving with no destination in mind, no real sense of direction and no time limits. I go until I'm done. I put away my map and I put away my troubles and worries. I just drive. When I come to another road I take it or I keep going. I let my mood dictate which direction I take and I often get lost. But only in getting lost do I find myself. And it is when I have no direction that I know exactly where to go. Sometimes I listen to music. Today I listened to nothing. Sometimes I spoke out loud, working out whatever thoughts crossed my mind to an audience of one. Other times I kept the thought for my mind only. I had the windows down and it was a beautiful fall day. The wind swirled around my car and brought a fresh air into my lungs. I savored every breath. I felt so free and clear. Nothing mattered except right now. And right now didn't even matter. Every one has their way of relaxing; their own way to restart. I don't expect anyone to understand my method, nor do I understand what works for you. For me it is a drive. I go nowhere and everywhere all at once. I don't do this enough. Life gets in the way. But this is life. For roughly an hour give or take I wasn't keeping track of time, I lived more than I did in a week's worth. It makes everything else not matter. Being alive is the only thing that matters. Everything else is secondary. I am thankful that I took the time to remember that. I needed to do this. I had forgotten what it means to be alive.

The Pickle the Day that I posted on October 6th was called Driving On. In it I described my plan to film a video that would eventually be set to Tim Reck's song Driving On, an unreleased track until it recently appeared on the "new" CD I released titled Color In This World. I filmed that video today during my drive. Be sure to look for it soon on TimReck.com and The Reck Room Studios Facebook page. There isn't really anything left to say about today. It pretty much speaks for itself. I never expect you to understand me or anything that I write. But if you do get it, then cheers to you mate! But one thing that you will get is a new pickle every day. And by now you know exactly where to get them too! Right here on Pookon's Ill Blog! Look at you. You've evolved into a very bright and knowledgeable person right in front of my very eyes. That fills me with joy. And you know what else is full? This pickle jar. And I'm going to share one with you for the rest of the month. Make sure to drive on by here tomorrow.

 - pookon -

www.pookon.com
https://twitter.com/pookondotcom
https://www.facebook.com/MilwaukeeIceman

No comments: