Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pickle the Day: October 6th - Driving On

I'm always working on something. Some project on this blog (like this current Pickle the Day), photos from a vacation on Pookon.com, some fake news stories or a podcast on The Daily Burner or sharing Tim Reck's music on TimReck.com or The Reck Room Studios Facebook page. And that's just online. I lead an entire life on the internet filled with creative content. For the most part I don't tell you about what I'm working on until I post it. I don't like to share my ideas before completing them in fear of being shot down. I'm not saying that you are one of them (because as a reader of my blog, you're one of the Yes People) but there are a ton of No People in this World. I know I have good ideas and I stand behind everything I do. I'm basically in it to entertain myself and then I make it available for public consumption. But as an artist I still care about what other people think and I want people to check out my stuff. Why did I feel the need to explain all of that to you? Because that setup was necessary to explain why I took this picture and why I am featuring it on Pickle the Day.




I had to run some errands this morning. While I was out driving I decided to do a little test run for a project that I'm working on. If you never knew my little brother Timmy I wish you would have. He died in April of 2011 at the age of 24. He was an amazing person and one hell of a musician. He wrote, performed and recorded 6 albums and left behind tons of unreleased material. I took over the Reck Room Studios and have made it my goal in life to continue sharing his music and do whatever I can to carry on his legacy. This past August I released a 7th Album of Tim Reck songs titled Color In This World. The track that I have provided here is my favorite song off of that CD. It really speaks to me at this time in my life and I explained why during the Write Month on June 13th. I now want to film a music video of sorts for this song, and today I was out doing a test run, which led to the picture that you see for today's pickle.

I intended to film the video today by driving around town with the camera rolling. When I got home I made sure that my idea would work. Basically I mounted the camera on my dashboard inside my car and I just drove to where I was supposed to be going. I then took that video and sped it up to 2.5 times the actual speed. When I synced up the video to the song it is a really cool effect and for me fits perfectly with what this song is saying. While I did get the desired result it still wasn't exactly what I was going for. Today it was overcast and the colors of the leaves weren't especially bright. Had there been sunshine it would have been perfect. But it wasn't. So I will try again tomorrow or next weekend. I didn't want to let this cat out of the bag even though I think this idea is unanimously positive across the board. I wanted to surprise you with this one day and you would log on to Facebook, watch the video and appreciate the work that I have done to share Tim's music with you. But now you know that it is coming in the near future. Even though that takes some of the surprise away, it probably still builds anticipation, right? I had no choice but to jump the gun on this one because I didn't do anything else today and I promised a new picture every day in the month of October. That's how we got here. Now you have a glimpse inside of my mind and you can see how I'm always working on something and not wasting away what precious moments I have left on this Earth. If you are reading this then I am truly honored that you have dedicated some of your time to me. I always appreciate it. And now I need to go out and find another pickle for you. I intend to have a full jar of them just waiting to be shared.

 - pookon -

www.pookon.com
https://twitter.com/pookondotcom
https://www.facebook.com/MilwaukeeIceman

No comments: