Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pickle the Day: October 31st - I Got Nothing

For the past 30 days I've been taking pictures of things and talking about them. You've certainly noticed how the quality of my posts have definitely dropped off near the end. Well today I got nothing. Nothing to see here folks! Move along! There's nothing to see here! I had an idea of what to do on the last day of this experiment but I'm so burned out from life and my job and that I just couldn't do it. My brother James challenged me to set a goal by the end of the month. To make some kind of change in my life. To address some of the negative things that are affecting me and to do something about them. While I wasn't able to address that challenge by the end of the month, I do have something planned for November. You probably won't hear much about it on this blog or on Facebook though because it is a life challenge and involves me getting away from the computer and out of the house. I'll probably write one post about it so you know about it or maybe I won't. It might just be my secret. I don't know. I haven't figured out all of the logistics yet. But it's a step in the right direction and I'm hoping that it gets the ball rolling and I start dying to live instead of living to die. I need to find a reason to live and while that still might take a while to figure out, in the meantime I can begin my journey instead of sitting here. You're either moving forward, going backwards or standing still. That's something Jimbo "All Ears" McGinty taught me. Jimbo is wise man. I'm tired of standing still.

Sorry to be so vague and tease you but the post is called I Got Nothing. I can't give you something if I am promising nothing. That's false advertisement. People get sued over shit like that. Lives are ruined in one fell swoop. I don't have enough money to survive  a lawsuit and I'm clinging to what little I have in life. I can't afford to lose that. So you're just going to have to sit and wait if you care to know what is coming next in my life and in this blog. If you want to check out now, I don't blame you. You've probably got your own problems in life that require your attention. You don't have time to listen to someone who has a lot of things going for them bitch and moan about how much their life sucks. Look I understand that people have it worse than me and that from someone else's perspective my life is pretty amazing. You want it? Because I'm not happy in it. But this is my life. This is my one chance on Earth to do something amazing. I can't give my life away. I can't live someone else's. I need to change mine to what I want it to be. It all starts with a goal and a push. I'm working on both. The jar is empty. This is the last pickle that I'm going to share on here. October has been an interesting month. We've had a lot of highs and lows (mostly lows) but it has been an adventure. That's all I ever ask for. It was a lot of work but I did enjoy it. I think that I'm going to make this a regular segment on the blog with the one change being that it will happen only when I find a picture worth sharing with you. I'm going to force it like I did on probably 1/3 of the days. So if you also enjoyed this keep an eye out for more in the future and if you didn't, why are you even reading this? Take care my friends and godspeed to you. Good luck in your journey. Thanks for coming along for part of mine.

 - pookon -

www.pookon.com
https://twitter.com/pookondotcom
https://www.facebook.com/MilwaukeeIceman

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Never ignore Jimbo's advice. He taught me many things.