Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pickle the Day: October 22nd - Hot Tub'n It

I've been at my current apartment for about 13 months now, which makes this one of the longest times I've spent at one place. Ever since I moved out of my parent's house in my Freshman year of college, I've bounced around from place to place, picking up and dropping different (and sometimes the same) roommates, moved back home and now live by myself. Why does this matter? Because it ties into today's Pickle the Day. If I ever stay in one place long enough to call it a home (and if I own instead of rent) my one big expenditure is going to be a hot tub. I love hot tubs. But mostly I love being in the water. We'll get to that more in a minute. My Aunt Linda is moving to Phoenix, so my Dad (her brother) got her hot tub. He got it working this weekend and on Monday night I found myself drawn to its' powers. There's nothing like a relaxing soak after a long and wild weekend. I needed a place to chill out for a few minutes and ease my weary body. I'm not used to doing things so I may have pushed myself a little too far. Yeah, right. Like I ever overexert myself. But even so, the hot tub felt good. Damn good. Especially because the cold hand of Winter just slapped me right in the face.

But I will never let anything stop me from swimming or going in the water. In there I feel free and light as a falling leaf. I feel like a normal person. I'm naturally buoyant in the water so I can float and move around with ease. If I was ever lost at sea I could probably survive long enough to be rescued. Well that is unless a couple of sharks decided to call me lunch. That's why I will never swim in the Ocean. Screw that. Let someone else be the main course at the shark buffet. I can imagine the weightlessness of space to be the same thing but after seeing the movie Gravity, I've decided never to go to Space. Yeah, because I've had so many opportunities to go to Space and I had to turn them all down. Too much can wrong up there and when it does, you're shit out of luck. At least in a pool or hot tub I can try to swim to the edge or have someone toss me one of those life savers. Or what if they pulled me in with that giant hook like the stage manager yanking in a performer during an awful routine. Either way I'd rather be in the water than in Space. Just so you know. There wasn't much going on today but that was just alright with me. Like Jesus. I'm ok with a few of these pickles being short and sweet. I've gotten a bit dark and depressing at times so it's nice to keep it light. But that's the beauty of this exercise. When I reach into the jar, I never know what kind of pickle I am going to pull out. But all I know is that there is a full jar of them just waiting to be shared. Well that's not all I know. What a wasted life that would be if that was all that I combed out of it.

 - pookon -

www.pookon.com
https://twitter.com/pookondotcom
https://www.facebook.com/MilwaukeeIceman

No comments: