Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pickle the Day: October 20th - Get Your Head Back Into the Clouds

We need more imagination in this World. We need more fantasy. We need dreams. We need childlike wonder. We need to get our heads back into the clouds. I'm a dreamer. I always have been. But I have a real problem with making those dreams a reality. There is this creativity brewing in my mind that needs to be realized and unleashed or else it festers inside of me and slowly drives me crazy. I'm an artist. And a writer. That is who I am. I have an insatiable need to create something out of nothing. I will never stop. Sometimes I can't sleep because the ideas are racing through my head and preventing me from shutting down and being at rest. It's a gift and a curse. When it is realized and it becomes something so beautiful that I often sit back and wonder how I was able to create something out of nothing. I often move myself to tears or insane bouts of laughter. I will not apologize for being my biggest fan. If I don't love my work, then no one will. Keeping my head in the clouds is what keeps me believing in the truth that there is a purpose to life. I can bring something unique and incredible to this World; something that has never been seen before. We all want to be different. We all want to stand out in the crowd. We all want to leave a mark on this World; to be remembered. All of this starts with an idea.

But we are always told at some point in our lives to get our heads out of the clouds. To be realistic. To stop chasing whimsies. To grow up and stop dreaming. Well I'll tell you something. I'm grown up. I have a real job. I pay rent, bills, take care of another life (albeit a cat), successfully balance relationships with friends and family, am somewhat responsible and I take care of business. You want to know what else I do? I dream. I create. I live in another World that is entirely within my own imagination. I revel in the glory of another life separate from the one that exists in the reality that you are familiar with. I can cross multiple planes of existence and operate in the 13th Dimension. Sometimes I don't know what is real and what is make believe. I forgo sleep so that I can live within a trans-world that blurs the lines of reality. My head is so far up into the clouds that I sometimes forget that my body is safely back on Earth. And I love it. 

The inside of my head is the most incredible place of all. It is a World without boundaries and there is no one to tell me that I can't do something. Nobody tells me that I'm not good enough. Nobody laughs at my ideas or shoots me down. I am standing on the top of the mountain and looking down at the incredible surroundings that only exist because I allowed myself to create them. I did it. I made this World. A melodic sound fills the air and the World is layered in harmonies that compliment each other. The transitions meld together in a fluidity that mimics a babbling brook. I close my eyes and time stands still. There are no troubles. There are no worries. In here I am at peace. No one can take this away from me. As long as I have this place in my head, nothing else really matters. But sometimes I lose my way and fall from the clouds. It is in these moments that I have to remember how much I love to be in a place where nothing matters. Up there, there is no sadness, no hate, no loss, no sense of loneliness and no fear. It is in the clouds where imagination soars and the possibilities are endless. You choose your own adventure. You limit yourself or you break through those walls. You can be the creator. You can make the World. You can be whoever and whatever you want to be. In here life is perfect.

I could stare at the clouds for hours. Life moves by so fast. How often do you just stop and do nothing? Lie on your back in a grassy meadow and watch the clouds roll through the sky? I'm guessing that it doesn't happen that often. If you aren't allowing yourself to live inside of the World created by your imagination then you truly aren't living. Life isn't reality. It's not a physical thing that you can touch or feel. It is an all encompassing World of make believe and real life twisted together in one giant creation. It is a special thing and it is what you make it to be. Every day I come on here and say such amazing things that could help me out in my own life. But I don't listen to them. I want to keep my head in the clouds. But there is something that is preventing me from living my dreams instead of just imagining them. And therein lies the million dollar question - how can I take my own advice? It seems so simple but impossible at the same time. As soon as I figure it out I will be on my way to achieving the life that I always dreamed of. Only this time it would be real. I don't know if that is ever go to happen, but it doesn't hurt to dream right? My head is still in the clouds. Maybe I'll find another pickle up there to share with you. Who knows. But I do know that I have a full jar of them just waiting to be shared with you. Let your imagination soar to the endless possibility of what could be. You just might find that you like what you find there.

 - pookon -

www.pookon.com
https://twitter.com/pookondotcom
https://www.facebook.com/MilwaukeeIceman

No comments: